Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Quality Assurance (QA) Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for QA - NDT Inspector - Paint.
The Paint / QA-NDT Inspector is responsible for conducting, documenting and maintaining records associated with coating systems per customer and contractual requirements.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
• Documents, monitors, and maintains quality assurance records related to industrial surface preparation including coatings removal and coating applications involved with vessels and other marine structures.
• Must have strong understanding of NAVSEA Standard Items, NACE, SSPC and other Government Specifications.
• Ensures the Company meets the requirements and standards required by SSPC / QP-1 and / or other customer specified requirements.
• Submits Condition Found Reports and Corrective Action Requests (CAR) when needed to document customer requirements or concerns.
• Inventories and maintains required paint testing equipment and gauges.
• May be tasked to prepare presentation materials, teaching aids, handouts, etc. and conduct training when warranted.
• Attends, Witness and Verifies Tests and Inspections of coating processes and other than those associated with coating systems.
• Perform process audits or surveillance when needed or assigned.
• Work independently to complete responsibilities
• Travel to work locations when required, both CONUS and OCONUS.
• Must have regular, reliable attendance
• Will abide by all Safety Requirements
• Other job related tasks as assigned
• 3-5 years’ experience in marine Paint / Quality Control and Assurance experience.
• NBPI, PCI or NACE Paint certification.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication and writing skills.
• Strong organizational skills
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
• Related Department of Defense experience including direct experience with government customer relations strongly preferred.
• NDT Certifications, a plus.
• Must be able to obtain a DBIDs and a Passport.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform the essential job duties satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heavy machinery, heights, noise, dust, dirt, fumes, gases, smoke, and confined spaces. There will be an exposure to extreme weather conditions. Must be able to climb up and down stairs, ladders, and spend time moving throughout the facility and on board marine vessels.
* The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements of criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Colonna’s Shipyard, Inc is an at will employer.
*Rarely Occupation requires this activity for less than 1 hour per day
*Occasionally Occupation requires this activity from 1-3 hours per day
*Frequently Occupation requires this activity from 3-6 hours per day
*Constantly Occupation requires this activity for 6 or more hours per day
*Not applicable Occupation does not require this activity
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• On-site Human Resources
• On-site gym
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more