Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Quality Assurance (QA) Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for QA - NDT Inspector - Paint.
The Paint / QA-NDT Inspector is responsible for conducting, documenting and maintaining records associated with coating systems per customer and contractual requirements.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
• Documents, monitors, and maintains quality assurance records related to industrial surface preparation including coatings removal and coating applications involved with vessels and other marine structures.
• Must have strong understanding of NAVSEA Standard Items, NACE, SSPC and other Government Specifications.
• Ensures the Company meets the requirements and standards required by SSPC / QP-1 and / or other customer specified requirements.
• Submits Condition Found Reports and Corrective Action Requests (CAR) when needed to document customer requirements or concerns.
• Inventories and maintains required paint testing equipment and gauges.
• May be tasked to prepare presentation materials, teaching aids, handouts, etc. and conduct training when warranted.
• Attends, Witness and Verifies Tests and Inspections of coating processes and other than those associated with coating systems.
• Perform process audits or surveillance when needed or assigned.
• Work independently to complete responsibilities
• Travel to work locations when required, both CONUS and OCONUS.
• Must have regular, reliable attendance
• Will abide by all Safety Requirements
• Other job related tasks as assigned
• 3-5 years’ experience in marine Paint / Quality Control and Assurance experience.
• NBPI, PCI or NACE Paint certification.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication and writing skills.
• Strong organizational skills
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
• Related Department of Defense experience including direct experience with government customer relations strongly preferred.
• NDT Certifications, a plus.
• Must be able to obtain a DBIDs and a Passport.
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• On-site Human Resources
• On-site gym
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.