Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Safety Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for Safety Inspector.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
• Inspects equipment, tools, and working conditions to ensure safety of workers
• Observes crews at work and reports/ corrects violations in safety precautions
• Investigates accidents to determine causes and devises preventive measures
• May instruct workers in use of safety equipment and safe work methods
• Enforce safety rules and regulations
• Conducts vessel, building and grounds surveys on periodic and regular basis to detect code violations, hazards, and incorrect work practices and procedures
• Ensuring workers are provided with suitable protective equipment, such as eye goggles, ear protectors or appropriate types of gloves and clothing
• Keeping up to date with new legislation and health and safety standards
• Writing reports on results of inspections and investigations and completing detailed paperwork
• Providing training and educational support to new/trainee employees
• Prepares various safety and mishap reports
• Understand and act upon instruction
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• On-site Human Resources
• On-site gym
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.