Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Facilities Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for Facilities Electrician.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
• Analyzes job from start to finish ensuring proper and safe work methods used.
• Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electronic devices and systems.
• Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment under direction of supervisor.
• Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
• Installs conduit to bulkheads with brackets and screws, using hand tools, and threads wires through conduit to terminals, such as connection boxes, circuit breakers, voltage regulators, and switch panels.
• Strips insulation from wire ends and solders ends to terminals, using stripping pliers and soldering iron.
• Connects power-supply circuits to radio, motor controllers, switch boxes, circuit breakers, panels, feeder wire, fire control, and other electronic equipment.
• Tests electrical characteristics such as voltage construct instrument panels, using hand tools, rulers, dividers, and power drills, following specification.
• Performs maintenance and repairs of generators, switchboards, controllers, electrical motors, alarms and lighting systems.
• Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective actions taken.
• Control cost in assigned area of responsibility
• Mentors less experienced Electricians
• Understand and act upon instruction
• Work independently to complete responsibilities
• Must have regular, reliable attendance
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment- hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots/shoes and, when necessary, respirator
• Other duties may be assigned as workload dictates
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have three to five years of experience as an electrician in maritime industry.
• Vocational school or technical college training.
• Knowledge of and ability to use hand tools and instruments associated with the trade. (i.e. flukes, meggers, temp sensors, drills, blast machines, grinders, test panels.)
• Through knowledge and understanding of wire sizes and capacity of each.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of AC and DC power and control of same.
• High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required. High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power.
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
• Must be able to work effectively with others.
• Must be steady, reliable worker.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform the essential job duties satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Employee is exposed to moderate or high noise levels, saw dust, fumes, and hazards. Work at job sites exposes employee to weather conditions and the hazards of working on and around scaffolds and ladders. Employees may be required to work in confined areas which may be dusty and dirty. Protective devices such as but not limited to ear plugs, safety glasses, respirators, gloves, hard hat, and safety shoes are required. Steel toe shoes, hard hats and safety glasses, are required at all times.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• On-site Human Resources
• On-site gym
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more