Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Operations Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for Planner / Scheduler.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our San Diego, CA location.
• Supports the Planning Department and Project Management teams by gathering, analyzing,
preparing and submitting data necessary to develop and maintain project
• Progress and Analyzes fabrication and machining work / provides assessment of each
work item progress
• Prepares and submits reports to convey data / Prepare production reports
• Collaborates with project managers, trades, and subcontractors to create trade level plans for production work
• Manage and maintain all phases of the production schedule; develop, recommend, review, implement, and maintain the tools and techniques necessary to analyze the impact of proposed schedule changes
• Determine status of assigned projects / update and maintain project information data such as progress,
manpower budget and project performance
• Draw up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet completion dates according to production forecasts or customer work specifications and drawing orders
• Participate in production project models and craft planning schedule review
• Translate specifications, drawing orders into a sequential work schedule
• Analyze production specifications and capacity data, and performs mathematical calculations to determine production processes, and manpower resource requirements
• Plan and schedule workflow for each department and operation according to previously established production sequences and lead times
• Expedite operations that delay schedules, and alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
• Review/analyze pre-contract awards data and prepare pre-award contract documents
• Draw up research and development as required by upper management
• Act as an internal educator on progressing/scheduling methods and systems
• Requires regular contact within the department and with other departments, within the company and external agencies/vendors/contacts/customers, outside of the company supplying or gathering information
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Work independently to complete responsibilities
• Must have regular, reliable attendance
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform the essential job duties satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there is minimal exposure to hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
* The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements of criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Colonna’s Shipyard, Inc is an at will employer.
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Reach Outward Rarely
Reach Above Shoulder Rarely
Crawl Not applicable
Squat or Kneel Rarely
10 lbs or less Constantly
11-20 lbs Occasionally
21-50 lbs Occasionally
51-100 lbs Rarely
Over 100 lbs Rarely
12 lbs or less Occasionally
13-25 lbs Rarely
26-40 lbs Not Applicable
41-100 lbs Not Applicable
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• On-site Human Resources
• On-site gym
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more