Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Steel America division.
We are pleased to accept resumes for Off Site Superintendent.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA and with local customers, as needed.
• Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations, customer service and cost factors
• Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment
• Assure the safety of all employees and insure that safe working conditions exist in all areas while implementing continuous improvement plans to eliminate all work related incidents.
• Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance and operational reports to determine cause of nonconformity with product specifications and operating of production problems
• Confer with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, policies and procedures
• Assure all standards are met and ensure compliance with all engineering specifications and certification agencies
• Control inventory, scrap and material utilization
• Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality
• Work with production control supervisor to revise production schedules and priorities as a result of, but not limited to, equipment failure, operating systems, and manpower
• Responsible to establish the contract baseline and for maintaining that baseline for the life of the project
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• On-site Human Resources
• On-site gym
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more