Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Quality Assurance (QA) Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for QA Specialist.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our newest location in San Diego, CA.
• Maintain and revise the Quality Management System
• Oversees Quality Assurance Department’s day to day operations
• Maintain documents, records and audit data as required
• Prepares the Quality Assurance Department to meet external certification or customer audit requirements
• Liaison between Colonna’s Shipyard and the customer to answers and investigates customer discrepancies, concerns or issues
• Schedules internal audits and assign auditors to perform scheduled audits and surveillance.
• 5-7 years experience in manufacturing, engineering services or technical field, which includes 5 years performing in a role with quality or operational related responsibilities.
• In-depth knowledge of ISO 9001 Standards.
• Knowledge of quality techniques and systems, including quality specifications and/or advanced quality systems.
• Ability to lead effective corrective action using disciplined problem solving methods and statistical analysis.
• ISO 9001 Lead Auditor certification preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication and writing skills.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
• Related Department of Defense experience including direct experience with government customer relations strongly preferred.
*NDT certifications, a plus
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• On-site Human Resources
• On-site gym
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.