Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Services Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for a Ship Services Mechanic.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
• Experience in hooking up ship services fire protection, cht, steam, Lp air, to ship risers.
• Have knowledge of chlorination of potabelwater hoses, hydrostatic testing of fire hoses & fittings.
• Run set ups of portable fire stations, air manifolds, oxygen/propylene stations on government vessels and commercial tugs & barges.
• Measure, cut, form, fit and connect metal and plastic pipe, test for leaks and insulate as required.
• Install and check operation of a variety of plumbing fixtures such as toilets, sinks, bathtubs, etc.
• Adherence to industry codes, specifications, and regulations
• Install and connect temporary shore power to lighting, ships systems support equipment and alarm systems during overhaul / repair operations.
• Install, test, maintain and remove temporary services to U.S. Navy vessels, tugs, barges, ferries, etc... during overhaul/ repair operations. Temporary services provided may include HVAC, air and water for various uses, effluent discharge and steam.
• Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, and lubricating for industrial production and processing systems
• Select type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications
• Plans installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers
• Installs and maintains refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping, using hand tools and power tools, and following specifications and blueprints. Increases pressure in pipe system and observes connected pressure gauge to test system for leaks
• Regular inspection of all pipes and detecting malfunctions and damages if any.
• Reporting all damages, issues and other matters relating to the pipe systems to the supervising authority
• Understand and act upon instruction
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment- hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots/shoes and, when necessary, respirator
• Work independently to complete responsibilities
• Must have regular, reliable attendance
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 401K, company match
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• On-site Human Resources
• On-site gym
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.