Colonna's Shipyard, Inc. is looking to obtain experienced associates within our Paint Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for our 2nd Class Blaster position working 3rd Shift, 10:30pm til 7am.
This is a direct hire position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
• Prepare all types of surfaces for preservation.
• Removes old paint and debris from all types of substrates by; Scraping, Chipping and Sanding.
• Operate; 3,000 to 5,000PSI Pressure Washers and wash surfaces to remove grease, rust, scale, and dirt.
• Operate 40,000PSI Ultra-High Pressure Water Jetting equipment.
• Mix Solvents and Coatings accurately to formula.
• Apply coatings in accordance with specifications and good marine practice.
• Capable of brush and roll painting for passing all inspection processes
• Be familiar with and exercise proper procedures for; painting in confined spaces.
• Control costs in assigned area of responsibility.
• Complete tasks with limited supervision
• Other duties may be assigned as workload requirements dictate.
• Understand and act upon simple instruction
• Work independently to complete job assignments
• Must have regular, reliable attendance
Equipment; Set-up, Operation, and Breakdown:
Perform Inspection and Testing on:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.