Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Purchasing Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for a Driver.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
• Obtain goods and equipment from vendors in a safe and timely manner
• Operate Company vehicles over an established route(s) to deliver products and/or perform the retrieval of returned merchandise
• Assume responsibility for cash payments during approved pickups or deliveries
• Unload and accurately receive incoming products;
• Provide personal attention to customer requests or product needs during loading
• Maintain and practice the Company’s safety policies and procedures
• Record and complete entries on delivery roster in accordance to procedural guidelines
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license for your state of residency and an excellent driving history for the last seven years. (Motor Vehicle Report will be reviewed)
• Ability to work in fast paced environment, lifting up to 50 lbs. of product repetitively
• Must be self-motivated with a high degree of integrity and be able perform job duties with minimal supervision on a timely basis
• Must be able to work nights and weekends
• Minimum of 3 years of professional driving experience
• Required to read and write English, and use simple math
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• On-site Human Resources
• On-site gym
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.