Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain an experienced Foreman for our Norfolk headquarters in the Sturctural Shop.
We are pleased to accept resumes for a Foreman with experience scheduling work and managing maritime skilled trade employees such as Welders and Ship Fitters.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
Prioritize workforce and safely meet all deadlines.
• Attract, train, motivate, and retain a skilled work force.
• Assign the available resources to each job based on skill, technical knowledge, and working relationships
with customers and project supervisors and as agreed with the Project Superintendent
• Successfully meet all schedule, budget, quality, and safety goals.
• Control and maintain company equipment assigned to your trade
■ Review yard work practices and processes, develop and implement improvements
■ Assist in developing cost estimates and schedules
■ Provide technical expertise and advice to the Project Superintendent and his staff
■ Interview and hire new employees as required to efficiently accomplish the yard workload
• Identify training needs of each employee under their supervision
• Assist the Superintendent in determining the manpower required for the project
• Account for man-hours used by his department to the extent that the personnel assigned are productive
■ Audit the various projects for productivity, safety, and to determine that the personnel assigned have the
proper tools to work safely and efficiently
• Responsible for providing the correct labor mix to efficiently perform the job.
• Establish and maintain a working relationship with customers, employees, and management
■ Monitor project progress and address issues with Supervisors, employees, and members of Management
■ Work independently to complete responsibilities
■ Must have regular, reliable attendance
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment- hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots/shoes
and, when necessary, respirator
• Have a daily presence on the work locations of their teams to oversee and assist supervision.
■ Other duties as assigned
■ Strong communication skills, both written and oral
■ Experience with dry dock and vessel inspections is preferred
■ Minimum of 10 years hands-on experience in the trade to be supervised.
• Minimum of 5 successful years experience in a Supervision or leadership role.
■ Previous shipboard experience strongly preferred
■ Attention to detail and documentation, to include recordkeeping and scheduling
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.